Swift

'Tis the Season for Giving! Crap That Matters! Support Hirschsprung's Disease

'Tis the Season for Giving!  

I don't know about you but I'm usually a cheerful giver all year round supporting many causes and give my time that are dear to my heart.

One of them is Hirschsprung's Disease or "HD" for short.  You are like asking the obvious question, what is HD?

What is Hirschsprung's Disease?   
I did not even know or heard about this rare disease until it hit so close to home almost two decades ago.  One of my nephews, X-Zavier, suffers from it.

Many of you may not know what it is.  According to the Mayo Clinic. it is "a condition that affects the large intestine (colon) and causes problems with passing stool. Hirschsprung's Disease is present when a baby is born (congenital) and results from missing nerve cells in the muscles of part or all of the baby's colon.  A newborn who has Hirschsprung's Disease (HD) is usually unable to have a bowel movement in the first days after birth. In mild cases, the condition might not be detected until later in childhood.  Hirschsprung's disease is treated with surgery to bypass or remove the diseased part of the colon."

I can see how debilitating it is for my nephew.  Since people may have a bad reaction to him or that they don't want to hang around him because they simply just don't understand or willing to find out.  I see how it has made him inferior and how embarrassed and hurt he is.  However, we all empathize with him. Although, we take it for granted that we can just take a crap anytime we want to, and then there are others who have a difficult time to take one.  Society and popular culture say it's not cool and it's a stigma for HD people. Children and adults who suffer from HD, they are just like you and me -- normal human beings.  Let's show the humanity and harmony towards everyone.

I am hoping to raise awareness for Hirschsprung's Disease.  I used my creativity and words to describe about this rare disease.  I am hoping you like these designs and you'll be able to support and show your awareness of Hirschsprung's Disease.  You can check Crap That Matters! Support Hirschsprung's Disease at Zazzle.



Again, the objective of this posting is to raise awareness and support those suffering from Hirschsprung's Disease along with showing my creativity when I can.  My objective is not to get money, but it will be great if people buy.  Remember Crap That Matters!

If you are interested in learning more about Hirschsprung's Disease, you can check out some of these resources/links for additional information:

Awareness of Hirschsprung's Disease Support Group on Facebook

What I need to know about Hirschsprung's Disease

Hirschsprung's Disease Resources on Mayo Clinic


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pinterest

Flickr Images